Monday, August 29, 2011

MacKenzie-Childs

Over the weekend, while in Ithaca, NY celebrating Jay’s brother wedding, I took a trip with a few ladies to Aurora, NY about an hour away from Ithaca to visit the home of the Mackenzie-Childs brand. All of the items this company sells are handmade in Aurora.Since 1983, MacKenzie-Childs has made handcrafted ceramics, each piece a one-of-a-kind collectible. The company also designs hand-decorates furniture and other home furnishings”.  This brand is certainly something that would be a hit in the south (if it's not already). It’s charming, hand painted, decorative, and I can see it in Southern Living without a problem. So how is it, this line of adorable items have escaped me for so long? Check this stuff out. And FYI, not sure if I need a disclaimer here but I got all these images straight from their website.
It seems that the black and white check pattern is the company’s most notable design. 
I got this cute Kitchen Utensil holder while we there.


 Floral designed items.
They also have hand painted things for your kitchen and home.

Cute tableware!
Interesting furniture.
There is one thing about this stuff, I think a little bit goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment