Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The second post

This is still feeling very new and exciting! I think I'll just dive right in. I'll start with the condo renovations. First up, a minor but fun DIY project. My mom gave a lamp some time ago (pictured below). I have enjoyed it in my studio, but it's ready for a make over. I was inspired by a lamp I saw on http://www.horchow.com/, a site I like, a lot. I'm saying that in my head like Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about..."I like it, a lot". Anywho, here are the before and after photos...
               The Original                  
The Inspiration
The Progress   
All that is left to do now is get a cool shade and paint the base of the lamp black. I found it impossible not to get the base red, so I figured, the heck with it and painted it red. I think it will be easy to just paint the base black with a brush; and it won’t take too long either. I plan to put this sweet baby in our new entry hall which is freshly painted with Behr's “Manhattan Mist”, which is a gray-purple color. More gray than purple, but I’ll post a final pic of the lamp in it’s final destination. Below is the color sample for "Manhattan Mist". Whoop.





No comments:

Post a Comment