Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Free Art Finds Me

A couple years ago, when I still lived in my condo I found my favorite Picasso print framed and for free outside someone’s garage with a sign that said “Free! Please take anything you want!” So I did. I took the Picasso and put it right up on my wall. Sweet.
And last week, Jay was walking home from a movie with a friend in Old Town and stumbled into the exact same situation! Outside someone’s townhouse was a pile of stuff and a sign that said “Free! Please take anything you want!” So Jay picked up this framed photograph. The blue tinted flower looks great in our entry hall against our gray/blue wall. Still looking for that umbrella stand though. I want to put one right below that picture...
What is it about Free Art that just finds its way into my life? Maybe Free Art is all around. So keep your eyes open people!

No comments:

Post a Comment