Friday, April 29, 2011

Wedding Love

As a girl who just got engaged, the wedding of Kate & William has made me completely swoon. I know today is Jay’s day to post but I think the blog can handle a post from the both of us in one day. And since today is moving day, Jay’s post may be delayed. Hopefully it won’t be. I can’t wait to see what he comes up with! But I’d understand if it’s delayed because he is seriously, at this very moment, moving our furniture into the condo with his gracious brother!

But back to the wedding. My favorite sense I got from the wedding was the understated elegance that Kate brought to the day. That day could have easily been overdone and very impersonal. But I really felt like I was witnessing a true marriage and watching a bride that was honoring the traditions of marriage. It made me love them as a couple even more. William seemed so proud and happy. I loved his blush on the balcony as they kissed! I so look forward to the day when Jay and I say our vows and honor one another! OK – I might have just cried a little writing that. I think it was beautiful, traditional, meaningful, and a great day for them. And it looked like a great day for their whole country! Whoop.

And in the words of Forrest Gump, “…that’s all I have to say about that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment