Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hello Again!

It’s been a couple weeks. I've missed blogging on a regular basis. I'm going to try and get back to posting a couple times a week. I'll start with a little catch-up. Here’s a photomontage that explains where I’ve been and what I’ve been up to the last couple of weeks. Be prepared for some wedding talk.

First off, we have made a couple trips down to NC to visit with my parents and do some wedding planning. Apparently, planning a wedding involves making a lot of decisions. The more time I spend in NC, the more I miss my home state. It really is a wonderful place!
This is how our wedding planning started. Sitting at the dining room table, making a note card for everything that has to be done, and then putting that into a timeline with due dates, assignments, and dividing up the tasks between everyone involved.
 My Dad is a great organizer (thank goodness).
And after careful deliberation and a few close calls, I found my wedding dress. This process was not easy for me. I really liked so many dresses and all of them were so different. I have never been one those of girls who was always dreaming about my dress so that made it difficult when I was presented with one beautiful dress after another. But I finally found the one, and I look forward to every time I get to put that dress on.
Football season has also started. Which means I hear the sounds of commentators, fans cheering, and Jay yelling at the TV a lot more in our house. Is it me, or is there always football on TV?
And last weekend we got some professional photographs taken by Willa J Photography. The photographer, Emily was so great to work with and I absolutely love her work! She was able to get some really nice shots of me and Jay. Our hope was to get a nice photo to put in our home town newspapers and I think: mission accomplished.
And this weekend we’re heading up to Chicago. My college roommate, Dorothy is getting married!!! I can’t wait to be with my Salem Sisters and meet Dorothy’s hubby to be! Aren't they cute?!?! This wedding is going to be so fun! Love you, Dorothy!

No comments:

Post a Comment